My Relation With Social Media


My relationship with the media is essential because it allows for my connection with friends and family, and the current events going on around the world. Some of the social media apps that I use regularly are Snapchat and Instagram.

One of the negatives of having social media is its creation for addiction for my phone. According to my iPhone settings screen time, I spend an average of 9 to 10 hours on my phone. But in my defense, most of those hours are later night hours when I'm going to bed. With my obvious addiction to my phone, this creates barriers for doing actual important things like homework, chores or hanging out with family and friends. But being in a generation surrounded by other people just as stuck to their phones doesn't make it as bad as it seems. 

Some of the positives of having my phone with me are its ability to connect people that otherwise wouldn't talk in person and its ability to create a much more involving culture.  Being able to talk to my family who lives across the United States is some of the coolest things ever, and is only possible with the development of cellphones and social media. This is something that was possible way back when but wasn't as fast, reliable and instant. The relative ease it is talking to friends and loved ones is a few clicks away and are engaging for both of the people conversating. Social media also has its ways of creating a very diverse culture. Memes and trends bounce in and out of relevance day to day, yet achieving some way of connecting all of us when cracking jokes together or talking about that funny video you and your friend have seen. It has gotten to the point where the internet is able to connect you to different communities throughout the internet, engaging in conversation with people you wouldn't even want to step close to in person. This helps the antisocial people socialize and the overly social people to be even more social, creating a win-win for anyone using the internet.

The internet has shaped our generation in a positive way in my opinion. Being social is a primal desire for a human, which only scratches that itch with the invention of the internet. Although the internet can take away from some things in front of us, it puts us into another world for more interaction. And the internet is just a phase of humanity that steps us into the future of humans.

Comments

  1. I agree with your statement that america is not the best country in the world and I also agree that as Americans, we think our country is the best but it is far from that. "this says alot about our society"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Juice Wrld Sudden Death?

Am I The Only One?